Sundog Theatre will fill 3 positions:
The General Manager Reports to the Executive Director
Location: Sundog Theatre office at 370 St. Marks Place, Staten Island, NY 10301
Status: Full-Time, non-exempt, salaried position
Sundog Theatre, founded in 2002, is a Staten Island-based performing arts organization with an excellent reputation for offering original and contemporary theatre, delivering 70 arts-in-education programs in over 30 schools, touring productions that are relevant for today’s young people, and providing acting classes for young people. We are all team players with the mission to create positive change and enlightenment through the power of live performance and the arts.
Job Description: The General Manager is responsible for overseeing and helping carry out day-to-day operations.
- Provide leadership, management, and analysis necessary to support all processes within the organization
- Liaise with and maintain relationships with program participants, media, educational, and community organizations, including other external stakeholders
- Strategize and oversee PR & marketing
- Help explore new funding opportunities and assist in grant writing
- Maintain and build upon Sundog’s reputation in our community and borough
- Handle basic agreements/contract writing
- Supervise administrative coordinator
- Manage HR and financial functions
- Attend meetings outside office for funding, education, and business opportunities
- Coordinate program components in areas of theatre, education, and touring
- Perform other duties as assigned, and job description may be subject to change
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent self-management, with great attention to detail and follow-through
- Good analytical and problem solving skills along with an ability to handle multiple priorities
- Collaborative and teambuilding abilities
- Ability to work in an often fast-paced, open office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or arts management a plus
- Access to a car for site visits
- Needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, etc.; ability to remain in stationary position (i.e. at desk) at least 50% of time and ability to lift up to 20 lbs if necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BFA)
Work experience: At least 2 years of experience working in a not-for-profit, arts, and/or education setting. Management experience preferred.
- Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience. Health benefits and paid holidays
- Starting time: October 2017 or sooner
- Submissions: Send cover letter and resume via email or mail.
- Submit cover letter, resume, 3 references, and salary range to posted email or: Sundog Theatre, GM, PO Box 183, Staten Island, NY 10301
- No calls please. Qualified applicants will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Sundog Theatre (Susan Fenley producer) is seeking a STAGE/ROAD MANAGER for its upcoming short tour of a one-hour musical adaptation of “A Christmas Carol”. This is a paid position.
Dates of the 10 shows occur between Dec 12 – Dec 20. Shows are in large venues in Staten Island, New Jersey, and Maryland. Transportation provided to non-NY venues. Hotel in MD provided. Rehearsals begin in November, during the day and in Staten Island.
Dec 13 - Maryland, two morning shows
Dec 14 - NJ - morning and eve shows
Dec 17 - NJ - two afternoon shows
Dec 19, 20 - Staten Island, two morning shows each day
Please contact us at jobs(at)SundogTheatre.org or 718-816-5453.
Teaching Artists (need multiple TAs in the areas of theatre, dance, and visual arts)
Sundog Theatre is looking for experience teaching artists in these fields: theatre, dance, music, and visual arts. Those interested should submit a resume--both as a teacher and an artist, three references of people for whom you have worked as a teaching artist, samples of your teaching work if possible, and a sample lesson plan.
Sundog is a contracted vendor with the NYC Department of Education and has arts residencies throughout Staten Island as well as other boroughs. Teaching artists are paid at NYC competitive rates.
Qualified applicants should submit this information to Sundog Theatre, PO Box 183, Staten Island, NY 10301 or to info(at)sundogtheatre.org [ substitute @ for (at) ]
© 2017 Sundog Theatre, Inc. • 370 St. Marks Place, Staten Island, NY 10301
www.SundogTheatre.org (718) 816-5453
www.SundogTheatre.org (718) 816-5453